Saturday, October 22, 2016

A new student review of The Pathway to Dragons: Book I: The Portal to Pyranis by Hannah Hoffman

Ampster posted a new student review of The Pathway to Dragons: Book I: The Portal to Pyranis by Hannah Hoffman. See the full review.

The Pathway to Dragons: Portal to Pyranis was a short, action-packed tale of true friendship and bravery. In this book, Billy must put his trust in Talia, a girl he just met, to help him get his dragon back. I thought that the characters were well developed and sweet. This book had great detail and easy to understand words, which will be helpful for a younger audience.

 

I thought that the author wrote with such character and charm. The characters seemed to jump off the page and fly around me. The drawings were exquisite and really caught my attention. They flowed beautifully with the well-written book, really helping me understand what was happening.

 

The twist with Grandpa Hugo was superb. He was a wonderful sort of mentor character, but he wasn’t the basic old and wise kind. Grandpa Hugo was brave and very strong. My personal favorite character was Talia because of her bravery and independence. Her backstory revealed in the end was a stroke of brilliance.

 

In all, I thought this book was very well written, and I would recommend it to many eight, nine, or ten year olds who love a great adventure.