Friday, July 08, 2016

A new student review of The Eye of Midnight by Andrew Brumbach

cowboys1 posted a new student review of The Eye of Midnight by Andrew Brumbach. See the full review.

I enjoyed this story quite a bit.  It caught my attention from the very beginning.  The characters were well developed and interesting.  Though the children were caught up in a very dangerous situation that required them to be creative and brave, the situations never seemed completely unrealistic, which made it a perfect adventure!
 
I did have a small problem with a lot of the vocabulary in the story.  There were arabic terms and terms from the early 20th Century that were unfamiliar.  There is a glossery in the back of the book, but unfortunately I did not realize this until I was through about a third of the story.