Monday, June 13, 2016

A new student review of Snap To Grid: Book One of The Stones of Bothynus Trilogy by D.K. Reed

Sweetfable posted a new student review of Snap To Grid: Book One of The Stones of Bothynus Trilogy by D.K. Reed. See the full review.

This book had me captivated from the start. I immediately identified with the main character, Red, due to her not acting like the typical teenager. Although she does have ADHD, which is something I cannot relate to, we have a lot in common. Her character came across very lifelike. I found it interesting how her nickname came from the character Red Sonja. After looking up this comic book character, I was a little surprised by the choice to have this woman be Red’s role model. It was good she looked up to a strong female character, even if this character dressed provocatively.

I enjoyed a lot of the other characters in the story as well. Erik is really nice and is great because of his personality and not just from how good looking he is. I also really appreciated the bond Red had with her sister. I love seeing siblings having good relationships with one another, especially when they are teenagers.

Overall, this is a really great book that is filled with many amazing moments and will leave the reader wanting more. This book is right up my alley; I can imagine it being a great read for anyone who has an interest in supernatural themes.