Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A new student review of Lowriders in Space by Cathy Camper Raul The Third

Jowill posted a new student review of Lowriders in Space by Cathy Camper Raul The Third. See the full review.

I thought Lowriders in Space was a very unique graphic novel.  I loved how the author,  Cathy Camper, used and explained the cultural terms.  These use of these terms along with their sense of humor really made the characters come alive and made them entertaining.  I paticularly enjoyed the jokes regarding Jupiter being a gaseous planet.

Personally I also liked how one of the main characters was a girl and she was portrayed as knowing a lot about cars and everything really.  She is very intelligent.

I thought Raul the Third's use of black, brown and red gave the illustrations a retro look that was really cool!  It fit totally with the whole lowrider idea.