Friday, February 05, 2016

A new student review of The Serpent In The Glass by D.M. Andrews

jfhxc posted a new student review of The Serpent In The Glass by D.M. Andrews. See the full review.

I liked the idea of this book, how descriptive the author was, and that there was never any awkward love. Also, I felt that there was an interesting plot for this story. The book was very similar to Harry Potter, but different in its own way. I really felt at certain times that I was observing the story take place, like when Thomas was opening the letter from his father. The story was super slow in most parts and wouldn’t be harmed by more action. I often was confused because there would be a flashback or a dream and I didn’t understand that it wasn’t actually part of the plot until I had read it over a couple of times. In the first dream about the serpent, I thought that it was actually happening.