Tuesday, January 05, 2016

A new student review of I Remember You by Cathleen Davitt Bell

CassieTaylor1203 posted a new student review of I Remember You by Cathleen Davitt Bell. See the full review.

I really enjoyed this book. It flows very nicely, especially regarding the fact that the story takes place over a number of years. There are some major time jumps, but they are executed in a way that make sense. The way the author has Lucas explain his dreams and the things he remembers is easy to follow as well, which is great because if it had gotten too complicated, it would have been hard to read.

I like Juliet as a character, because she has a good, realistic balance of doing what is right for her, and what is right for other people. The overall atmosphere is bittersweet, feeling that something bad is going to happen, but that the characters can not do anything to prevent it. I really love this writer's style.