Sunday, December 27, 2015

A new student review of Liberty Frye and the Witches of Hessen (series) by J.L. McCreedy

jotaf posted a new student review of Liberty Frye and the Witches of Hessen (series) by J.L. McCreedy. See the full review.

I thought that Liberty Frye and the Witches of Hessen was a good book filled with action, adventure, and mystery. I liked the plotline that the author, J.L. McCreedy, created; it pulled me in from the first page. Also, everything was well described: from Germany to the characters, it left a beautifully painted picture. 

A part in the book that I enjoyed was when Libby tried to escape from the castle in which she was being held. Did she succeed or not? You’ll have to read to find out for yourself.  

I loved this book from start to finish. I would recommend it to students ages 11 and up, though it has characteristics that would be appealing to readers of all ages. It would also be enjoyed by people who liked The Series of Unfortunate Events, as this book is similar in some ways.