Monday, November 30, 2015

A new student review of Winter Falls (Twin Willows Trilogy) by Nicole Maggi

thomasst posted a new student review of Winter Falls (Twin Willows Trilogy) by Nicole Maggi. See the full review.

In my opinion, this book was definitely a page turner.  So much so in fact that I read it faster than I think I would read another book with its same length.  The thing that really pulled me in was that Nicole Maggi describes the setting of the book so well that I felt like I was in the setting instead of reading about it.  Also, the main and sub characters of the book were very cleverly and well introduced in the sense that I felt that I had a decent hand on what the characters were like.  In terms of the plot line of the book, I love the twists and turns this book lead the reader into.  Next, I'd like to comment on how I loved how she kept it a secret until the end of the book who one of the Malandanti were (no spoilers ;P).  Finally, there was a lot of foreshadowing in the book which was very well blended in, but not too much to overload the book.
 
The only reasons I didn't put five stars on this include two main reasons.  While the writing itself is exceptional, I would like to say that I think the main characters should have been introduced better, sooner.  What I mean by that is that in the beginning of the book, the characters were not very well described, so for a bit, I was confused about some aspects of some characters.  Also, but this is a more personal preference, I don't like those kinds of extreme romances like the one portrayed in this book.
I would definitely recommend this book to a friend or anyone who is okay with a little swearing and is ready for a good read.