Thursday, October 29, 2015

A new student review of The Deadly Wizard Games by Scott Spotson

Sweetfable posted a new student review of The Deadly Wizard Games by Scott Spotson. See the full review.

I became immersed in the world presented in The Deadly Wizard Games from the beginning of the story. The concept of wizards taking control of the government was quite interesting to me. Reading about all of the magical games was definitely a treat, and I found myself wishing I could play them, too.

I have never read anything quite like this story. The characters were very realistic; I wish all stories had characters who think like actual people. I enjoyed the pacing of the novel, as well as the politics and philosophies it discussed.

I liked the main character, Amanda, as I could see a lot of myself in her. However, I did not feel the same way about many of the other characters. It was difficult to form strong connections with them. Overall, I really liked how things turned out within the novel. I definitely look forward to what this author has to offer in the future!