Monday, April 27, 2015

A new student review of Fault Lines by Brenda Ortega

thudson36 posted a new student review of Fault Lines by Brenda Ortega. See the full review.

I thought Fault Lines by Brenda Ortega was a great novel. I liked how the chapters alternated between Dani’s past and present, so the reader learned how events in her past affected her actions in the present. Dani, the protagonist, is likeable, realistic, and easy to relate to. The problems Dani struggles with-divorce, friendship, and her emotions-are issues many children and families can relate to.

The plot moves along at a nice pace; I never found myself bored while reading this book. It is a simple story, yet it conveys powerful themes. Themes concerning the struggles of divorce, family issues and friendship are perfectly represented in this story. I enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to others.