Friday, March 27, 2015

A new student review of The Geneva Project - Truth by Christina M. Benjamin

joythean posted a new student review of The Geneva Project - Truth by Christina M. Benjamin. See the full review.

Honestly, I didn't enjoy reading this book that much.  Although the idea for this novel was very interesting, the approch that Christina M. Benjamin just didn't speak to me.  The relationships seemed a bit forced, and the magic aspect of the novel didn't work well with the plot.  It was as if this element was shoved into the story at the last minute.  It just didn't flow smoothly with the rest of the novel.  The characters were pleasant, but they didn't catch my eye as much as I hoped they would.  In my opinion, many events that happen in the novel were very abrupt and didn't flow together with the other events that occurred before and after it.  It was just  a bit choppy.  On the other hand, the writing style was very nice and easy to read.  It made this entire experience much nicer than I expected it to be.  I had really high hopes for this novel, but it fell a little flat.