Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A new student review of Seraphina

jotaf posted a new student review of Seraphina . See the full review.

I think Seraphina is a great book that is worthy of its many awards and praise.  I especially liked that the author, Rachel Hartman, made the characters, and even the world they live in, seem believable.  Something else I loved about the book was, because there was a gap between the prologue and the rest of the story, Rachel added an excerpt at the end that kind of filled in the gap.  Pretty much the only thing wrong for me was that it got off to a slightly confusing start, but after not even ten pages it picked up considerably.  I am eagerly awaiting the day I read book two of this series.  I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery, action, and suspense, yet can still take some bad words and a little bit of death.  If you like The Inheritance Series, I really think that this book is also for you.