Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A new student review of Chasing Light by Angela Jooste

JesusFreak posted a new student review of Chasing Light by Angela Jooste. See the full review.

                When I began reading this book, I was unsure if I was going to like it. However, as I continued to read it, I found the author’s style of writing to be beautiful. Alternating point of views is hard to write, but she did so wonderfully. Another thing I loved about this book was the amazing cover art. While subtle, it got me interested enough in the book without giving anything away.

                The one complaint I have about this book is that it was hard to remember all the characters, and I easily got their names confused.  About halfway through, I finally got them down; it just took a bit of time.

                Overall, this is a moving book written for older teens that will not disappoint.