Sunday, September 07, 2014

A new student review of My Own Revolution by Carolyn Marsden

Star360 posted a new student review of My Own Revolution by Carolyn Marsden. See the full review.

My Own Revolution is an excellent example of historical fiction. The conversations between the four friends sounded real, not fake. I laughed alongside them and got worried when there was a new plot twist. While there was the quibbling and frustration that typically accompany friendship and dating, it was all relevant to the story. Never did I feel that the author was scrabbling for extra words to print on the page. In fact, I enjoyed reading about the characters and plot so much that I wish there had been a few more chapters to draw out the tension. A positive note about the story was how Marsden slipped in little bits of trivia about the times. It added to the local color, and you could tell that the author had done her research. For a smart, believable read that won’t leave you disappointed, pick up My Own Revolution.