Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A new student review of Mirage

PokeFan16ganes posted a new student review of Mirage . See the full review.

This book is amazing! As if the first book wasn’t good enough when this book came out and I read it I was so happy! When I read the book I feel like I am with Aluna and her team during the adventure. The book really doesn’t have a set mood/tone because there are so many different emotions. For instance one time Aluna was so happy she let out her biggest secret, but there was also times where Aluna was scared.

The author does a great job of bringing the characters to life. It feels like they are with me! I believe they are real people(Or Creatures) because the author explains them so well that I feel like I can draw a picture of what they all look like.  Another thing is that I like all the characters in the book so I feel more into it.

The narrator was a little more serious than I expected. I really wanted to see the narrator  give a little joke here and there, but it never happened. I would think that the author definitely achieved her goal of entertaining the reader. Also I think the writing is effective and powerful with how much the author went into depth.

 

To be honest with the strengths and weaknesses I feel like it had no weaknesses and had a lot of strengths. One strength I think it has, like I have said a lot, is how well the author took their time to explain how the character looks so you can have a picture in your head.

 

This book is beyond all the other books I have read of the same genre or type. I found this book to be very interesting because at the end of each chapter there would be a cliffhanger and you would want to read the next chapter. Another thing is that I loved the ending because it is going to get the reader to want to read the next book in the trilogy.

 

From reading this book I learned something very important. Perseverance. In the book Aluna didn’t give up in her fights and when her Khan told her to let the Khans’ father win you wouldn’t. I would very much recommend this book to all people! This book is an action packed adventure waiting to be explored!