Thursday, June 05, 2014

A new student review of Lupus Rex by John Carter Cash

jotaf posted a new student review of Lupus Rex by John Carter Cash. See the full review.

I really liked Lupus Rex.  It was very descriptive, although it didn’t catch my attention right away and was a little confusing.  About thirty pages in, though, it started to get interesting.  My favorite character was Ysil the quail, who is trying to follow his grandfather’s last request.  I also liked  Gomor the rabbit, who gave his life for his friends.  I would recommend this book to ages 11 through 15 because there are a lot of grisly parts (even though they’re just animals) and it is confusing. I don’t think most kids over 15 would be interested in reading this, although if they liked the Redwall Series, this might be right up their alley.