Friday, June 13, 2014

A new student review of Kaleidoscope Me by Hillary K. Grigonis

wallace.madi posted a new student review of Kaleidoscope Me by Hillary K. Grigonis. See the full review.

This book was very moving. It had a good balance of action and dialogue. The protagonist, Jadyn, was relatable and very vividly portrayed. I felt like I knew her!

I had trouble at times keeping up with the flashblacks and time switches, which made focusing on the actual present time story difficult. However, the book's ending really wrapped up all the flashbacks and left me satisfied.

Overall, it was a perfect book for helping understand family dynamics after death, with just the right amount of suspense and real emotion to bring it to life. I'd recommend it for any teens or preteens going through a difficult time of loss or just looking for a realistic story to read again and again.