Tuesday, February 04, 2014

A new student review of The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender

hg2008 posted a new student review of The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender . See the full review.

This was a very good book! I think it's a book everybody should read and it might become a classic, even! I say this for many reasons. The writing of the book is very good, lyric with beautiful prose. It also reminds me of a classic or normal book, what I mean by this is that it reminds me of the books that used to come out, and not all this vampire, pop culture stuff we see now a days (not that anything's wrong with those kind of books). For me this kind of book was refreshing. I really appriciated how the author mixed classic story telling, history, and then a bit of magic or mystery (which the whole aspect of the main character having wings). 

The characters in this book were very good and well-developed. Ava of course was my favorite and I liked how she was the narrator of the story. I also really loved the characters names because they were different and very pretty. The settings were good; they were actual places so there was no doubt that these places exist. I also loved the cover of the book I thought is was very beautiful and attractive. I would highly recommend this book. It's a great read. I also would consider it a must read as well!