Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A new student review of Kizzy Ann Stamps

underwood_bcl posted a new student review of Kizzy Ann Stamps . See the full review.

I enjoyed reading this book because it helped me understand how blacks were treated many years ago.  I have never read a historical fiction book from this time period.  I was surprised at how discrimination affected so many things.  For instance whites were allowed to have big libraries and African Americans only had worn out books in a small library. I was surprised how people treated KizzyAnn and her brother.   I have brother and a sister from Ethiopia and I never knew that African Americans  were not treated fairly.  When I visited Ethiopia no one was unkind to me.  This book helped me see how things used to be. I would like to learn more about this time.