Saturday, December 28, 2013

A new student review of Empress of the Sun

ClarissaAdeleMorgenstern posted a new student review of Empress of the Sun . See the full review.

I enjoyed this book. I think that the premise of the story is very interesting, as well as the explanation for the Jiju and separate realities. However, I was confused by several things in this book, especially when I first started reading it. When I received this book, I didn't know that it was the third in a series. This may have explained some of the things I didn't like about the book; for example, I felt like some of the characters weren't very well developed, but they were most likely introduced in earlier books.  I also didn't like some aspects of the science fiction. For example, people still used iPads and common real life technology, even though they had Heisenburg Gates, which let them travel between alternate worlds, and other very advanced technology. I think I would have enjoyed this book a lot more if I had read the other books in the series. Overall though, this was a good story.