Thursday, October 10, 2013

A new student review of The Iron Traitor

RavenWing posted a new student review of The Iron Traitor . See the full review.

Megan’s family. Sigh. I think they’re all messed up. It’s like a bad case of selflessness. Ash would die for Megan, Megan would die for Ash. And then comes along Keirran…

Sigh.

Not that I didn’t like it. I loved it. There’s nothing Julie Kagawa could write that wouldn’t leave me interested to the end. I admit, the romance between Ethan and Kenzie is kind of repetitive after Megan and Ash, but it’s a whole new world.

Ethan has an all new thought process, all new morals, all new opinions. It’s like falling in love all over again. I could end my review there, but I won’t. I’ll ramble on about my first love for a little longer.

For everyone new to this series, STOP! You should read the original books first, or, at the very least, the first book in this sub series thing. If you just pick up this book “oh, this sounds good” and start reading it, you are going to be oh so confused. The readers who have followed along Megan’s journey, we know exactly how the plot twisted and turned throughout the years. We know there is no figuring out what’s about to happen, there is no bland spot.

So, back to the review. It’s a romance. It’s a comedy. It’s an action packed book.

The first hint of a grey fluff ball will leave you in hysterics.

Would I recommend this? You’re kidding me, right? This is my first love, my motivation. I’ve been following along this adventure for years, and I’d have a meltdown if Megan and Ash completely left us, but I know they never will. I have dreams of a certain cat, and quote a certain pain-in-the ass.

Let me just say, READ IT! Then come reread this review; it’ll make a lot more sense then.