Thursday, July 18, 2013

A new student review of McKinley's Jewel

ReesaOnFire posted a new student review of McKinley's Jewel . See the full review.

I enjoyed this book very much. It had an interesting plot and great characters.  The link between the future and the past was intriguing. The entrance of David’s great-great-grandfather was most humorous.  St. James does a wonderful job of connecting the past to the present, making believable motivations for villains and realistic reactions of time-travel. I enjoyed it.

However, there were a few holes in the book and a few things weren’t explained clearly, which left me a little upset. The biggest ‘hole’ I had an issue with was the lack of closure with Bonnie-Jean about her ex-husband’s death. It was the biggest problem that caused me to frown, because Bonnie-Jean’s character herself deserves the closure.

I recommend this book to time-traveling lovers who want a dash of romance.