Sunday, July 14, 2013

A new student review of Lullaby (Watersong Novels) by Amanda Hocking

DJ_RESH_RESH posted a new student review of Lullaby (Watersong Novels) by Amanda Hocking. See the full review.

Overall this wasn’t a very good book. The only thing I liked about this book was the descriptions. It was really easy to picture the settings of the book. The author used effective vocabulary words. Everything else on the other hand was not nearly as well done. The characters didn't feel real. Gemma was a perfect person who did everything right and then at the end, she selfishly puts her friends and family in danger just so she could be with them. I think it contradicted the Gemma that Amanda Hocking had built up in the first book. The narrative voice was not that funny. Nor was any part of the book. When the author did try to make jokes it involved swearing and that took away from the effect. I don't think it was a good idea to write in third person because it didn't uphold the suspense very well. You basically knew what was going on all the time. I found this story lacking in humor, action, and suspense. I did not like this book and I would not recommend it to anyone.