Thursday, June 13, 2013

A new student review of The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop by Kate Saunders

moseso posted a new student review of The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop by Kate Saunders. See the full review.

My overall opinion on ‘The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop’ is that it was too magical.  The realities of the actions in the book are pure fantasy and would never happen in real life.  I did not enjoy how Kate Saunders added parts where ghosts and goblins jumped out.  However, I did like the characters of Oz and Lily.  Their personalities are good, but when there out on ‘missions’ they tell their parents that they are at camp or diving lessons, so that they ‘know where they are’.  In my opinion, that sets a bad example because I look at it as deceiving your own parents!  I often got distracted while I was reading the book and daydreamed sometimes as well.  The author’s voice is obviously magical, too magical.  Kate Saunders purpose was reached, but I did not benefit from her purpose.  The vocabulary is appropriate for ages 10-12.