Saturday, June 15, 2013

A new student review of Girl Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie

featherwhisker posted a new student review of Girl Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie . See the full review.

This book idea was really cool. It was a new take on something that has been done to death, and it could've been a very popular book. Emphasis on could've been. Verstraete seems to not really know much about writing a story. Firstly, she had far too many characters. Seriously, 5 or so characters could've been enough to make this a good book, but Verstraete adds to these, bringing in pointless characters who do nothing for the story and just add to the confusion. Also, there is a few grammatical errors. It could've been the publishers fault, but it seemed like the first draft of a story, instead of something that would get printed. Finally, the book is confusing. There is so much happening at once, it's hard to keep track.

I would have a complete conclusion, but it seemed like the book didn't have one, so I'll just say this: I would not recommend this book to anyone I know, unless I wanted them to read something bad.