Thursday, March 14, 2013

A new student review of Heron's Path by Alethea Eason

Rainbow Shard posted a new student review of Heron's Path by Alethea Eason. See the full review.

I really enjoyed this book.  The blending of the worlds of the native people and the white girls was accomplished in such a manner as to make the worlds seem one, while still expressing the separation of the two.  I also was drawn in by Celeste’s struggle with the wei-ni-la, the evil ones, and the Old Ones in the native myths.  I did find it a little strange that she kept running off naked, but it only added to the intrigue of the story.  Then blue feathers began to grow on her arm, which fascinated me, though I suppose some people might call it creepy.  Overall, it was an excellent book, one I would recommend to anyone who likes history or is just interested in the legends of Native Americans.