Sunday, September 09, 2012

Dust Girl by Sarah Zettel

Callie LeRoux is living in Kansas during the Dust Bowl. All the farmers have moved away, intense dust storms make it hard to breathe, and the hotel Callie's mother owns has long been empty. But when one day her mother disappears in a storm, Callie decides to head to California to search for her. She meets a young hobo named Jack, and together they set off. Little does she know, Callie is about to learn about her supernatural background and the prophecy that she is the center of.

I really enjoyed Dust Girl. When I read the synopsis, it compared it to The Gemma Doyle Trilogy, which is one of my favorite book series, so I was looking forward to reading this novel, and I'm glad it met my expectations. Callie was a very interesting character, especially once we learn more about her paranormal background. I also liked her relationship with Jack. They meet up and decide to stick together as they travel around the Midwest. He was such an asset to Callie on her journey, and I'm looking forward to some prospective romance between them. Dust Girl ended on a cliffhanger, and now I can't wait to read the sequel! I hope the author writes it quickly.

Reviewer Age:20
Reviewer City, State and Country: Aston, PA USA