Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fated (Soul Seekers Series) by Alyson Noel


Fate has brought together a pure soul and a dark soul in a girl who will change everything. Daire Santos, a daughter of a makeup artist, sees strange things and time stops around her. She feels like she is going insane with all the visions and ends up in Enchantment, New Mexico with her peculiar grandmother she has never met before. In Enchantment, she finds herself surrounded in magic and meets the beautiful boy of her dreams. She also encounters an enemy she is destined to destroy. Does Daire have what it takes to be a Seeker and save her people, or will she run away and leave those she loves perish?
Fated by Alyson Noel takes place in New Mexico with dirt roads and dusky, brown colors that are almost like a desert. I can picture the setting in my head with the mood of lonely and deserted feelings. Yet peace and happiness are there too. As for the main character, Daire Santos, she is a very strong girl with characteristics I wish I had. The author makes me believe Daire is a real person in high school. She argues a lot with people but it is appropriate. I liked the book and after a couple of chapters, I couldn t wait to keep reading. The writing was clear and had emotions that made me feel like I was there in that particular place and time. The end of the book was unsettling and it made me wonder: this is the end? This isn 't bad though since the book will continue as a series. When I finished Fated, I didn't feel the same as when I finished The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Towards the end of Fated, it seemed like everyone was in a hurry to end the scene to go to the next one, and I hoped the author would slow down to fill in all of the details. From the book, I learned to take care of nature and to help those who need it. It also made me think about what home and friends really mean to me in life. I would recommend the book to everyone because it makes people stop and pay attention, wonder what it 's like to find a home, and think about how people are all meant to live with purpose and destiny.