Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep


Kiss of Frost is the second book in the Mythos Academy series. In this book, the students at the academy go on a holiday. Before they leave, Gwen almost gets shot with an arrow. She thinks this is happening because a Reaper wants revenge for another Reaper. Once the students arrive at The Winter Carnival, strange things start happening. Eventually, Gwen is led through a series of events that will lead her to uncover the truth behind it all!

While I really enjoyed this book, I felt like the main character Gwen, was a bit on the whiny side for me, which kept me from really enjoying her character. I actually really enjoyed the supporting characters in this book more so than the main ones.

The book was fast paced and definitely easy to read in a day or two. This is my kind of book. Over all I really enjoyed the book, the fast pace of the story and plot with the twists that it took. It kept me guessing and anticipating the next page!

I haven't read the first one, but now, I definitely want to go back and read it. I look forward to the next book in this installment!

Reviewer Age:26
Reviewer City, State and Country: West Columbia, Texas United States