Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Other Countess by Eve Edwards



Four years previous William Lacey, the new, young, and penniless Earl of Dorset, was kicking Lady Eleanor Rodriguez, Countess of San Jaime, (also known as Ellie) out of his house after her father, ruined the Lacey family s name and fortune.  Now, in the year 1582, the two meet again on different circumstances at the Queen Elizabeth s court.  The Earl seems quite enchanted with Ellie quick wit and exotic looks, not recognizing her for the girl he kicked out so many years before.  If only he could find a bride with the money he needs to bring his family s home to its former glory.  Money - something Ellie was without.  William will have to choose between duty and love, Lady Jane and Lady Eleanor.
This book was absolutely my favorite book Flamingnet has sent me so far.  Eve Edwards s writing is a lot like that of Eva Ibbotson s, who happens to be my favorite author.  I have recommended this book to all my friends and cannot wait to read the next book in this romance series coming out in 2012!  I learned a lot about Elizabethan clothing which was interesting, and the spoken language was old fashioned, but very easy to understand, which made it very beautiful.  I have nothing but praise for this book and hope others enjoy this as much as I did.

Reviewer Age:17
Reviewer City, State and Country: Gearhart, Oregon United States