Thursday, September 01, 2011

The Look Book: 50 Iconic Beauties by Erika Stalder

According to The Look Book by Erika Stalder, celebrities have been setting hair and makeup trends for the last century. Now, you can recreate the look on your own, along with learning about the icon behind the trend. Because a celebrity hair stylist and makeup artist helped write this book, the book gives you tips and tricks to makeup and hair styles that only celebrities know. In the front of the book, the author also gives you basic makeup information that helps while trying to recreate the looks. The instructions for each look are well detailed and include pictures which help you visualize the look if you are confused.
I really enjoyed this book because it has a great concept and my friend is also interested in makeup, so we would have fun recreating looks from this book together. Some of the icons in this book I knew, but I also didn't know who some of them were. One recommendation that I have would be to mix some more current icons into the book to interest a younger generation. In this book, the directions were very easy to follow and if I wanted to recreate one of these looks, this would be my first stop to look for instructions and tips. Overall, I loved this book and would love to use it again if one of my friends or I wanted to achieve one of the signature styles.

Reviewer Age:13
Reviewer City, State and Country: Leawood, Kansas United States of America