Saturday, June 25, 2011

Into the Unknown by Stewart Ross

Into the Unknown by Stewart Ross is a great teacher recourse. Not only are the maps big, detailed, and easy to follow and read, but the book is actually hard to put down! While some of the explorers you learn about most students already heard about, this book puts these explorers in a whole new perspective.  As I was reading this book, I also didn't realize how much inventions from other countries affected the explorers. I recommend this book to any student who has to learn about explorers, any teacher who needs a book on explorers, or any kid who is just interested in learning about explorers
In my opinion, this book was actually kind of interesting. It is not a book I would read if I had a novel with me, but if that was the only book I had I would read it. I was afraid this book would be a snore, but it wasn't. In a way, it was interesting to read because it was factual. I learned things I had not known about explorers and odd things, such as how silk is made. This book has improved my mind, and how things we take for granted, such as a compass, really have improved our world

Reviewer Age:13
Reviewer City, State and Country: Nappannee, Indiana United States of America