Thursday, March 03, 2011

I Am Nuchu by Brenda Stanley

I Am Nuchu by Brenda Stanley is the story of a high school senior, Cal Burton, that is struggling to find himself after his parents divorce and his mother relocates him and his siblings to an Indian reservation in Utah. When he gets to the reservation he has to build a relationship with the grandfather he barely knew as a child, and he struggles to build true friends. Once Cal finally begins to feel comfortable in his new surroundings a horrific incident occurs that sends Cal on a mission to convict his brother's killer. Will Cal succeed?

I found this book to be so full of action and adventure that I could hardly put it down to go to sleep. I admire Cal's persistence in unraveling the mystery of his aunt's murder, and to catching his brother's killer. I think the book was filled with rich sensory words that painted a picture of the Utah scenery and made you feel like you were there living in the moment. I thoroughly recommend this book for anyone who loves a good mystery full of anticipation.

Reviewer Age:14
Reviewer City, State and Country: Makanda, Illinois USA