Monday, January 31, 2011

Spinning Out by David Stahler Jr.

Gerry, a.k.a. Frenchy, is a loner. Besides his best friend Stewart, he has nobody. That is until Stewart signs them up for the school play together. But as soon as play practice starts Stewart isn't himself. His grades start slipping, he never talks to his parent anymore and he s working on a suspicious project titled The Don Quixote Project . Frenchy tries helping Stewart, but Stewart just says it's the wind towers that are getting to him. As Frenchy prepares for opening night him tries to keep his one and only friendship.

I loved this book. I especially enjoyed that the author captured the true perspective of wind turbines. I knew exactly what Stewart's family was going through. I enjoyed the plot very much and all of the other crazy characters in the story. I think the author did a wonderful job with this story. I highly recommend this to somebody who is looking for a good realistic fiction read.

Reviewer Age:14
Reviewer City, State and Country: Hopkins, Michigan United States of America