Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Willie-Off-The-Pickleboat by Thomas M. Wilkinson

This book is about King Krausen 1 hides a pickle somewhere in his village and it is up to the villagers to find the pickle. Then when Gherti finds the pickle in a pine tree, she also finds Willie. Willie is the character which the book is based on because he drives a pickle boat. Will Ghertis life now change because she finds the pickle. The reason the book was probably written is because it has become a custom for people to find a pickle ornament. It is suppose to bring good luck if you find it.

I thought that this book was confusing. It wasn't one of the best books I have read. I thought this because, I don't really like these type of books. I thought it was very appropriate for the age level given.

Reviewer Age:12
Reviewer City, State and Country: nokomis , illinois united states