Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Taker and the Keeper by Wim Coleman

Gregory and Yolanda are normal kids who want to live normal lives. But that all changes once Gregory finds the monocle. He discovers a magical tunnel that leads him to an extraordinary place. Once he discovers that his science teacher, Ms. McDougal, is somehow connected with this, the plot has only begun to thicken. Gregory and Yolanda must now save the "real" world from the evil sorceress Morgan le Fay, and set things right once and for all.

This was not one of my favorite books. The tone was fitting for Gregory's character, but I was not particularly fond of Gregory. I found this extremely distracting, because I found that I could not enjoy the story when I did not love one of the main characters. The action began right away, which I did enjoy, but it almost felt overwhelming because there were too many plot points introduced with little explanation. It became confusing quickly and hard to follow.

I would recommend this book to people because it had an exciting plot line, but be prepared for an unlikeable main character.

Reviewer Age:15

Reviewer City, State and Country: Westerville, OH United States