Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Nora Grey lived a normal teenage life until she met the strange new kid in school. His name was Patch and well, he was rude, annoying, egotistic, and so very handsome. So it's natural that Nora would be drawn to him even in the slightest. But why does she constantly feel his presence? And why is he so secretive? Soon Nora is on the biggest adventure of her life as she tries to unveil the mysteries of Patch. But with adventure comes terrifying dangers. Will Nora risk all to discover the truth about Patch. And will she even be able to handle to truth? Find out in Becca Fitzpatrick's new novel, Hush Hush.

When Becca Fitzpatrick's novel, Hush Hush, first arrived in the mail, I was thrilled! I was so excited to read this novel after researching and finding some great reviews. But unfortunately, I think my expectations for this novel were a bit too high. While I thought the theme of the novel was creative and very original (the theme of fallen angels), I was disappointed in the lack of relationship development between characters. Everything just moved too quickly to enjoy. And at times the story felt fragmented and disjointed. I thought the story line was good, but it needed more detail. The main character Nora was well developed, but I would have liked some more information about Patch. In the end, however, I think Becca Fitzpatrick has a great concept for her novel and it was overall a fairly enjoyable read.

Reviewer Age:18
Reviewer City, State and Country: Phoenix, MD United States