Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Deep in the Heart of High School by Veronica Goldbach

The book Deep in the Heart of High School is about a girl named Vanna, who just moved to Sam Antonio, from Plano. Back in Plano she was popular and had a popular boyfriend. Then her Mom left her Dad and everything changed. Vanna meets two girls named Fatima Garcia and Oliva Silverstein. They become friends right away. And together they help each other through the hardships of being freshmen in high school.

In the beginning, the transition between characters can be a little confusing. But keep with it because it works itself out as u get to know them. I like this book because I can relate to it in many ways. I relate because the main characters Fatima, Vanna, and Oliva are in band, as am I. I enjoyed the way of thinking about the hierarchy of the band sections. I also related because I am a freshman this year as well. I think this is a very good book and I recommend it.

Reviewer Age:15
Reviewer City, State and Country: Mishawaka, Indiana USA