Monday, June 01, 2009

Running For My Life by Ann Gonzalez

Andrea McKane has Post Traumatic stress disorder. Her Mom has schizophrenia,
a disease which makes her do crazy things. Andrea needs a way to escape and
leave her problems behind. When she discovers running, it does just that.
Andrea also goes to Samantha, her therapist, who helps her straighten out her
life. This realistic fiction book really opens your eyes to the hardships you never
imagined.

I really enjoyed this book for many reasons. I never imagined
someone would have to face the challenges Andrea had to face. This book was
quite powerful. It made me want to help kids with post traumatic stress
disorder. The characters were unique, and I could connect to them easily. The
plot was really interesting, but I had never heard of either of the disorders. I
really enjoyed the writing style because it captured how Andrea was feeling
perfectly. I would recommend this book to people who enjoyed the book Rules,
by Cynthia Lord

Reviewer Age:13
Reviewer City, State and Country:
Lake Bluff, IL United States