Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fate by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

After receiving a mysterious tattoo two years ago, Bailey Morgan's life has changed. Not only does she have to deal with the social pressures of high school, but now she has to weave the web of life in the Otherworld for every being on earth. She does this because she is the third Fate, the mystical being who controls the fate of the world. But why then is it so hard for her to see her own future after high school? Caught between two worlds, Bailey faces tough decisions as she tries to balance her life as a graduating senior in high school and and mystical being at night.

I really enjoyed this novel by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I absolutely love contemporary fantasy novels, so this was right up my alley. Having read the first book in the series, Tattoo, I was very comfortable with the characters that appeared in the sequel, Fate. But I was pleasantly surprised to meet some new characters who made up the mysterious and frightening "Sidhe". Barnes does a wonderful job describing her characters' personalities and allowing the reader to get into the head of her main character, Bailey. The plot was fun and gripping and the climax was really exciting. Ultimately, I enjoyed this novel, and I hope Barnes keeps writing this series!

Reviewer Age:18

Reviewer City, State and Country: Phoenix, MD United States