Monday, April 06, 2009

Hot Girl by Dream Jordan

It's summertime in Brooklyn, New York. Kate is this raggedy tomboy with a police record trying to make it and feel at home in the foster care system. Naleejah is the hot and stylish thing that just moved to Bed-Stuy. Naleejah thinks Kate could use a makeover to please her love time crush, Charles. Then Kate catches Naleejah flirting with Charles. Will Kate change her ways or continue down the path of destruction in Dream Jordan's Hot Girls.
I thought that it was a pretty good book. It was funny at times, like all of the stupid things that Naleejah would make Kate do. I kind of thought that parts were a little bit too ghetto for me. Like how everyone holds everyone else's drugs and how they just hang around in the alleys and get into complete strangers' cars. I do understand that this is really life and it really does happen, but it was a little too much for me. On the other hand, I thought that it was very well writen and descriptive. I felt like I was walking down the streets with Kate in Brooklyn.

Drug and Alcohol reference Sexual content Bad language

Reviewer Age:14

Reviewer City, State and Country: Minooka, Il United States