Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kendra is the daughter of a young mother, so she lives with her nana. When her mom, Renee, comes and stays with them for a night or two, Kendra realizes she wants to live with her. Even after Renee is out of college, she won't take Kendra. While Kendra designs sets for their school play, she gets into a lot of trouble. She and her aunt, also her best friend, Adonna, get in a big fight over a boy. Her nana can't take it anymore and sends her out to live with Renee. Kendra and Adonna stay mad at each other, but not for too long.

I really enjoyed reading the book, Kendra. It started off kind of slow, but after that I became hooked. Coe Booth really made me believe that the characters were alive. It was like there was a movie playing in my head. I have never read any story like it. I would probably suggest this book to a mid teen.

Reviewer Age:12

Reviewer City, State and Country: Oakmont, Pennsylvania United States