Monday, October 20, 2008

The Otherworldlies by Jennifer Anne Kogler

Fern has always been different. She knows this, and her family knows this. What she DOESN'T know is that she is not really human. She's a vampire, an "Otherworldy." The kids at school pick on her, with the exception of her brother and another vampire, and one of the popular girls. Together, the three children set out to discover the truth about Fern.

I loved this book to pieces! The author wrote the story so that it almost seemed like you were there, watching it unfold. The author made the characters very believable, and I loved all the main ones. I think that the story was wrapped up quite nicely, though there was room enough for a sequel, if desired. The vocabulary used was appropriate for middle school and up, though some elementary school kids would understand and enjoy the book as well. This book is different from other vampire books I've read, because the author took the term vampire and completely redefined it. I loved this book, and begged my library to get a copy so that others could enjoy it as well.

Reviewer Age:16

Reviewer City, State and Country: Highland, MI USA