Sunday, October 14, 2007

Runnerland by John Burns

Peter is a normal high school kid, just trying to get through life. Suddenly, his dad dies and makes everything change. While looking for something, Peter discovers that he is adopted! He decided this was a big thing that his parents didnt tell him, so he decides to run away from home. Peter ends up being involved with a guy who is involved with gangs, but will this change Peter? Will he give into what he trys to tell him?


I really enjoyed this book. The author really made it so I knew exactly what Peter was going through. It was also like I could feel everything that was being described throughout the book. The main character, Peter was very realistic sounding. He goes through many things in the book that an average teenager goes through. I think that the vocabulary used in this book was appropriate; it wasn't for a little kid, but it wasn't too bad. There wasnt much swearing in this book, which made me happy. I would recommend this book to others because it is a good book to read if you are wondering what some people go through. I know for me it was a change because I never realized that people actually have to go through things like this.Overall, I enjoyed reading this book.

Content: There is some swearing in this book, and some violence.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 7

Reviewer Age: 14
Reviewer City, State and Country: Newville, PA USA