Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Curse of the Campfire Weenies: And Other Warpe by David Lubar

The Curse of the campfire weenies was an exciting collection of warped and creepy tales that sent chills up your spine. The book includes thirty-five tales, some of which are scary, many funny, and others just plain odd. You’ll learn about the frightening Wanderban, what happens when parents count to three, and why some trees can be “unforgiving”. Why do pigeons live in the city, and what happens with magic chalk? You’ll find all the answers and more in the Curse of the Campfire Weenies.

This was indeed a collection of “warped” tales. I liked it because I could relate to most of the stories. Some of them were silly like I mentioned, but others I didn’t understand. I especially liked the last story, Forgotten Monsters, it was creative and hilarious and scary all at the same time. I could actually feel the chill going down my back. I would recommend this book to anyone, except for adults, it’s too silly. Since I read the first two books in the series, I really enjoyed and had respect for the Curse of the Campfire Weenies. It was definitely a great book.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 8

Reviewer Age: 12