Friday, March 16, 2007

Crispin - At the Edge of the World by Avi

When we last left Crispin, he was walking out of jail after saving his mentor and friend, Bear. As they are walking down the road, they stop at a hut to eat and drink,but after Bear gets in a fight with the owner of the house, he gets shot in the shoulder as they leave. They must run as they try to escape their newfound enemy. As Bear gets worse, they meet two suspected witches, Auge and Taaaa. When they are forced to run again, they must take Taaaa with them. They end up taking a boat to a new land... with new dangers.

Avi delivers once again! I think this is a solid book with a good storyline and an awesome moral. I did have some trouble staying with the book, but I think thats just me. I can almost guarantee that this will be a good read for any age. It isn't a very long book though, so it should only take about 5 days. Anyone who likes realistic fiction, or Avi, will like this book. It has already won a lot of rewards, and is one of the best books I've read in a while.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 9
Reviewer Age: 13
Reviewer City, State and Country: Chambersburg, Pennsylvania USA