Friday, August 18, 2006

The Queen Geek Social Club by Laura Prebble

Shelby Chapelle, a dork, is one of a kind. Until Becca Gallagher comes into the picture. Together, Shelby and Becca create a club, The Queen Geek Social Club, to unite others of their kind. As more and more girls join, they begin a campaign to feed the models (to help girls realize that they don't have to be skinny to be pretty) and create National Boy Invisible Day (to show that girls can have fun without guys). Shelby has her doubts throughout the campaign, and it is made worse by the fact that a jock, Fletcher Berkowitz, seems to have taken an interest in her and the club.

I thought that this was a really cute book. I think all girls can relate to Shelby and Becca in certain ways. The book was also unique and modern in that Shelby's father created a robot to live in the house. That was a nice touch and it did make the story interesting. There was nothing I didn't like about this book. Once I picked it up, I couldn't stop reading. I'm definately looking forward to the next book that Laura Preble writes!

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 10
Reviewer Age: 19
Reviewer City, State and Country: Philadelphia, PA USA