Monday, August 07, 2006

Before I Go by Riley Weston

Before I Go is a sad love story that brings tears to a reader's eyes. The skater and coach were also mother and daughter who have a very deep relationship. At the age of six years-old, Madison meets Jackson Wellington III, who becomes her best and only companion in life. All of her life, Madison had never belonged anywhere because she was a lone wolf, an outcast in other words. Skating was her only passion and reason to live. But things in her life change.

I would enjoy this book forever. Madison seems like a spoiled girl but she was actually under a lot of stress. Madison's relationship with her best pal is really sweet and romantic. The author did leave me wondering what happened to Jackson and Annie in the end. I really enjoyed the last chapter. The last chapter was sad. I was crying so much that my tissue was all wet. I really encourage teens and young adults to read this novel. I learned that you should enjoy life as much as you can. I cannot wait until "Before I Go" comes out so everyone can experience the emotions in this wonderful and tearful novel!

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 8
Reviewer Age: 14
Reviewer City, State and Country: Norwalk, California United States States