Thursday, July 20, 2006

Alice in the Know by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

It's the summer before Alice's junior year and Alice learns a lot more about growing up. First, her dad makes her get a job on her own. Her brother, Lester, thinks that he's finally found the woman he wants to marry. And Alice's friends experiment with drugs and alcohol. Not to mention an embarassing incident about an email involing sex nand her personal life. Alice also has to deal with sickness and death as well with some of her closest friends and family. But Alice really learns to make the best of her summer.

I was really excited to read the newest Alice book since I've been reading them all along. I was a bit disappointed with this newest edition. The story kept my attention and all, but I really felt like something was lacking throughout. I can't wait to see what happens next to Alice though. I would definately recommend reading the Alice series if you haven't read it though.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 7
Reviewer Age: 19
Reviewer City, State and Country: Philadelphia, PA USA