Sunday, September 18, 2005

The Bubblegum Babes' Guide to Sixth Grade by Doreen Lewis

In The Bubblegum Babes' Guide to Sixth Grade, there are four twelve-year-old girls named Meg, Sara, Emily, and Kelly who are best friends and have sleepovers every weekend. The four friends start sixth grade and only see each other during lunchtime. This book tells about how they survive sixth grade together and how they are always there for each other during the best and worst of times. Each of them have different problems which they all help each other get through. After sixth grade ends, Emily will have to move to South Carolina with her grandma for the summer because her parents got divorced. Will this mess up their friendship and if so, what will happen to the Bubblegum Babes group with Emily's leaving? Find out in this wonderful book called The Bubblegum Babes' Guide to Sixth Grade.

I think this book had a good plot. I enjoyed reading The Bubblegum Babes' Guide to Sixth Grade by Doreen Lewis because I'm in the sixth grade too, just like the girls in this book. I recommend this book to girls around the same age as the Bubblegum Babes, which is twelve. The characters were fun to read about because they all had different personalities and were the same age as me. I hope you enjoy reading The Bubblegum Babes' Guide to Sixth Grade because I know I did. This is the first book in a series of books about growing up and friendship, according to the back cover.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 7
Reviewer Age: 11
Reviewer City, State and Country: Upperstrasburg, PA US